The most frequently cited trends in a recent Ari Kaplan survey for 2017 were artificial intelligence, analytics, market consolidation, use of the cloud, and information governance.
Other key findings include:
- 60% of corporate counsel reported that law departments are bringing more of their e-discovery in house.
- 44% of in-house administrative e-discovery leaders cited managed review as the most valuable e-discovery service, while 75% of law firm partners highlighted forensic collection.
- 50% of corporate counsel and 67% of in-house administrative e-discovery leaders prefer to access their future technology solutions solely in the cloud.
- 40% of corporate counsel noted that 75% or more of their cases are small or investigative, while 33% of in-house administrative e-discovery leaders reported that 50% or more are of that type.
- For corporate counsel, communication was the most cited quality that they value in an e-discovery vendor.
- In-house administrative e-discovery leaders recognized competence most often, and law firm partners highlighted responsiveness. 93% of the respondents use an RFP process.
For more information on how NightOwl can help take your organization into the e-discovery cloud, contact Albert Barsocchini.