Before starting a project, always check your “personal minimums”.
- Do I have the knowledge to perform the task?
- Do I have all the technical data to perform the task?
- Have I performed the task previously?
- Do I have the proper technology to perform the task?
- Have I had proper training for the task?
- Am I mentally prepared to perform the task?
- Do I have the resources necessary to perform the task?
After any task, ask yourself:
- Did I perform the task to the best of my ability?
- Did I perform according to recommended industry standards?
- Did someone perform quality control on my work?
- Am I willing to sign off on the task?