US Portfolio Manager – Minnesota
NightOwl Discovery is seeking bright, highly motivated, and professional individuals for our Portfolio Manager position in our Wayzata, MN office. As a services company, our people are our product and extension to our clients. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a team-centric environment within a fast-growing company who invests in their employee career and professional development growth.
Who are you?
Someone who has fantastic communication skills and attention to detail. You have a superior ability to prioritize, organize, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You’re also tactful, diplomatic, and comfortable around confidential information.
The NightOwl Portfolio Manager (PFM) is a vital link between NightOwl’s clients, account owners, IT, eDiscovery technicians, project coordinators, and review staff. The NightOwl PFMs are the primary point of contact for NightOwl Discovery clients from project initiation through closeout. The PFM is responsible for communication, planning, status reporting, project deliverables, billing, and meeting NightOwl’s client’s needs and expectations on assigned accounts.
The PFM is also responsible for ensuring projects are carried out to the best possible standards, within relevant timelines, at an acceptable cost, and in line with overall company objectives while meeting client requirements for deliverables.
NightOwl PFM’s may be assigned to Managed Services (MS) teams who are led by a NightOwl Senior Portfolio Manager (SPM). SPM(s) will supervise PFM(s) assigned to a Client Services team. In addition, SPM(s) will delegate work across a team of Client Services staff members who are assigned to a MS team in order to meet customer needs. PFM(s) when assigned to a MS team, are required to take work direction from SPM(s) as requested. SPM(s) will also take greater roles in providing direct client and internal support and training to PFM(s) who are assigned to MS when they are the Client Services teams. In addition, PFM(s) report up to and are annually reviewed by the SPM(s) and Director of Client Services.
- Assist and independently plan, deploy and manage discovery programs and projects.
- Follow all SOP(s) and Guidelines used and implemented by NightOwl.
- Collaborate, provide input in creation of standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Assist and independently plan, deploy, and monitor review projects in collaboration with Managed Review personnel.
- Assist and independently create, deploy and manage quality control processes.
- Assist and independently roll-Out / Implementation for new / current clients for Client Playbook for On-Boarding.
- Participate in sales and marketing activities as required (some travel required).
- Primary responsible once a project is transitioned to PFM for communication, planning, status reporting, project deliverables, billing, issue / resolution management, and meeting NightOwl’s clients’ needs and expectations.
- Take work direction from their assigned SPM(s) as requested.
Knowledge and Skills Qualifications:
- Law school degree, and or qualified from an accredited law school in US is preferred.
- Ideally currently licensed and registered with the bar in US.
- 2+ years legal experience (law firm, corporate, or vendor).
- 1+ Years of eDiscovery Technical experience preferred (law firm, corporate, or vendor).
- 1+ Years of analytics experience preferred (e.g. Relativity, Clearwell).
- Case management experience, including leading a team and meeting deadline driven goals.
- Any eDiscovery certification desirable, e.g. ACEDS, Relativity, etc.
- Relativity user certified or able to complete the certification within 6 months.
- Excellent management, interpersonal and communication skills.
What can you expect from us?
- Competitive Pay
- Industry Competitive Benefits
- Opportunities to learn and grow as a professional
Who are we?
NightOwl helps global organizations navigate the challenging landscape of enterprise data for legal, security, and compliance teams. A leading provider of SAAS and IAAS, NightOwl differentiates itself by offering proprietary tools, turn-key managed services, and data portfolio management combined with industry-leading third-party software. These tools streamline workflow and display key data, allowing in-house legal teams and outside counsel insight into the information that matters most. Reporting tools show measurable results and provide teams with data that drives the decision-making process. The combination of NightOwl’s unique and customizable portfolio management approach and its expert global consultancy solve the challenging issues that come when managing complex data portfolios in response to litigation, investigations, or compliance needs. NightOwl’s tremendous value proposition makes it the industry partner of choice. Inspire Greater.
Job Type: Full-time
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Please submit your resume for consideration.